I’ve always wanted to share my cooking experience online and now that I have so much time to spend at home, I’ve decide to start Monday Munch series. I’m gonna try to put a new recipe every Monday that I’ve made during the week. As I’m just an amateur in the kitchen, most of the recipes are gonna be easy to make. Hopefully, I’ll give you some ideas for a nice lunch/ dinner.
I’m starting the series with this amazing pasta bake that I’ve tried recently. The original recipe is from Gousto, I just made few changes to make it easier to prepare.
For 2 portions you need:
- 200g fusilloni pasta (or you can choose your favourite pasta and the quantity)
- 210g finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 75g soft goats cheese
- 15ml Henderson’s Relish
- 1 cube/sachet vegetarian stock mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1tbsp dried basil
- some chilli flakes if you like spicy
- some fresh basil for garnish
- Start by cutting the red onion into wedges, the yellow pepper and the courgette into bite-sized pieces.
- I always put baking paper in the tray so whatever I’m cooking don’t stick to the bottom. Then add the chopped veggies to the baking tray with some oil (olive or sunflower), salt and pepper.
3. Put the veggies to bake in the oven for around 30 minutes at 200-220oC. Now chill and relax.
4. 15 minutes after the veggies are in the oven you can continue with the rest. Peel and cut the garlic.
5. Mix the garlic with some chilli flakes if you like spicy food and then put in a pot and cook for 30 secs.
6. Then add the chopped tomatoes, the veggie stock, the relish and the dries basil. Mix it well and cook for a minute. Add 500ml water (Use boiled water from the kettle if you don’t want to wait long). Cook for another minute once the sauce is boiling.
7. Add the pasta and stir well. Cook for a minute.
8. Transfer the pasta into an oven-proof dish. Try to spread it around so the sauce covers it well.
9. Once the veggies are done, swap the trays in the oven. Bake the pasta for 10-15 minutes at 220oC.
10. After 10-15 minutes mix the veggies with the pasta and continue to back for another 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the pasta, it should have sauce all the time or it’ll be dry at the end. If you see that the sauce is not enough you can add some water and mix well.
11. After the pasta is ready, put into bowls/ plates and garnish with goats cheese and basil.
I hope you like my little recipe. Try it and let me know the results.