Here’s a little plant-based recipe that anyone can make at home. You won’t believe how easy it is. So if you like mushrooms and puff pastry, this is definitely for you.
I found this recipe in my Gousto box but I didn’t have a proper oven-proof dish for a pie so I just used what I had in my kitchen. You can always improvise and add your favourite veggies or if you prefer some chicken, it’s all up to you, I’m just sharing this recipe because it was easy to make and at the same time tasted amazing.
Feel free not to follow the precise quantity of the ingredients. This was my first time trying this dish so I followed the recipe but for the next time I would add more mushrooms because we love them in our family.
For 2 portions you need:
- 1 leek
- 250ml single soya cream
- 160g chestnut mushrooms
- 160g peas (or any veggies you like for a side)
- 150g puff pastry
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 sachet/cube vegetable stock mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- After washing all the veggies that need to be washed, cut them however you like to.
2. Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a pan and add the mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until they’re soft.
3. Once the mushrooms are soft, add the leek, the garlic and dried oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. After the leek is soft, add the mustard.
Put on a side 1tbsp of the soya cream and pour the rest in the veggies. Add the stock mix and lots of black pepper. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Put the creamy leek and mushroom mixture into an oven-proof dish.
Prepare the puff pastry with some criss-cross pattern across the top.
6. Lay the puff pastry sheet over the pie filling and trim off any excess.
Press the edges with a fork to seal the pastry to the dish, if necessary and brush all over with the saved 1tbsp soya cream. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is puffed up and golden.
7. Once the pie is almost ready, start preparing the side veggies. In my case it’s peas but I think it would go nicely with broccoli or maybe a side salad. The choice is yours.
And that’s all. Easy and yummy.
Let me know if you decide to try this recipe and what’s the final result. You’re welcome to leave any tips or suggestions for me in the comments.