This Monday I have another vegetarian/ vegan recipe for you. In our family we love mushrooms so I’m always trying to find a new dish to cook. I found this in a Gousto box and I made some changes so it’s super easy to make in any kitchen. The original recipe is with cheese but if you skip it you’ll have a lovely vegan risotto that still tastes amazing.
The ingredients are for 2 portions. The cooking time is around 30-40 minutes.
All you need is:
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g or 1 cup of arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 vegetable stock sachet/ cube
- some parmesan
- 80g chestnut mushrooms
- 150g portobello mushrooms (or just a mix of your favourite mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- rocket and pine nuts for garnish
- Start by washing and cutting the leek and the mushrooms. Peel and chop the garlic.
2. Heat up a pan with some olive oil (sunflower oil) and fry the leek and the garlic for a minute or 2 until they’re soft.
3. Add the risotto to the pan and mix it well. Cook for a minute.
4. Then add the mushrooms with the wine and the vinegar and cook until they’re soft.
5. Once the mushrooms are soft, transfer the mix into an oven-proof dish and add the vegetable stock. Pour some water to cover the rice and mix everything well. Cook in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until the water is gone and the rice is cooked. Don’t forget to check if it needs more water and stir it halfway.
6. When the risotto is ready, you can either serve it as a vegan dish, or you can add some cream cheese and parmesan.
7. To garnish add some rocket and pine nuts if you like and that’s all. Enjoy!
Do you have any favourite dish with mushrooms? Don’t be shy to share new recipes with me in the comments.