Today, I have another super easy and cheap recipe for you. You only need few ingredients and for less than 30 minutes you’ll have a delicious lunch/ dinner. It’s great for students who need to save money, or for people for don’t have a lot of time for cooking. Basically, you cook all of the ingredients in a pan and then fill up your tortilla with the mix.
Ever since I tried the recipe from Gousto, I make it at least once a month for dinner. The ingredients are for 2 people. And you can always improvise with some sweetcorn or beans, or something you like.
All you need is:
- 2 chicken breast fillets (around 150g each)
- 6 plain tortillas
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 spring onion
- cheddar cheese
- smoked BBQ sauce
- smoked paprika
- chilli flakes (for the brave ones)
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- Cut the pepper and the red onion into thin strips. Do the same with the chicken.
2. Heat a large pan with some olive oil over a medium-high heat and add the pepper and the onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken with some smoked paprika and BBQ sauce as much as you like to. Here you can add other veggies or spices to your taste. Don’t forget some salt and pepper. Fry the mix until it’s cooked. This is the fajitas filling.
4. Chop the tomatoes to make a little salsa with salt and pepper and drizzle of olive oil and add some chilli flakes if you like spicy food.
5. Grate some cheese and chop the spring onion.
6. You can either heat up the tortillas in the oven for couple of minutes or put them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Serve them with some of the chicken filling, cheese, salsa, drizzle of yogurt and sprinkle spring onion.