Do you want to spend less time in the kitchen but eat delicious healthy food? Spend less money but have your tummy happy? Even if you’re not a master chef, you can do this super easy recipe for lunch or dinner with the family or just for yourself.
For today’s recipe I chose this quick and easy creamy risotto that takes minimal chopping and a bit of stirring but it taste divine. The ingredients are for 2 people but you can always add for more. It takes around 20-25 minutes.
All you need is:
- 200g arborio rice
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- cheddar cheese
- 40-50g Clotted cream
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine (or White Wine Vinegar)
- 1 cube/ sachet vegetable stock (11g)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 10g chives
- around 600ml boiled water
- Start with washing the leek and slice it finely. Peel and chop (or grate) the garlic.
2. Heat up a large pan with 1-2 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter over a medium heat. Once hot, add the leek and the garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes or until soften.
3. Add the rice, the turmeric and the stock powder and cook for a minute. After that, add the Chinese rice wine and the mustard, mix well and cook for another minute.
4. Add 1/3 of the boiled water and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until it’s almost absorbed. Continue to add water bit by bit and stir for around 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
5. Then grate some cheese and chop the chives.
6. Mix the cheese and the chives (leave some for garnish) with the cooked risotto and add the clotted cream. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives. Enjoy!
What do you think about this yummy risotto? Honestly, it was one of the best thing I’ve ever tasted. I hope you like it. Let me know in the comments what’s your favourite quick and easy dish.