I’ve been dying to make one of these posts for quite awhile. I’ve made a video on my Instagram so if you’re following me there, you’ve probably seen it already. It might be the other way around – first a post and then a video but I was too excited when I did the video and I couldn’t wait to post it. So here’s the after-post/ or the before-post (still not sure) but anyway, this is how I style my floral mini dress.
Keep in mind that I live in London so the weather here is rarely warm and sunny and some of the looks you’ll see are more for the fall but hopefully this summer we can enjoy more vitamin D and wear our mini dresses.
My clothes now (after giving birth) are in the plus-size selection but I’m sure most of them are available in all sizes.
1.Of course the first look it’s just the dress by itself. There’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes simplicity is the key. This is the dress I got from H&M.
I love this dress. The light material – perfect for the warm days. And the pattern is so cute and pretty. Mine is UK size 16 but they have sizes from 4 to 22. If you’re not a big fan of this one, here are some other pretty ones that I found in H&M:
2. One helpful tip for people with larger thighs like me – biker shorts. Sometimes when it’s hot outside and everything is sweaty, I get a rash between my thighs when they’re rubbing skin to skin. I couldn’t wear skirts or dresses because of that. So once I found out about the biker shorts – it was a whole new world. I got mine from H&M:
It’s so convenient – they’re shaping, they hide your bum from unexpected weather change and they protect your thighs. Here are some other once:
3. If the weather is not dress-friendly or you just forgot to shave your legs but you want to wear it anyway – grab a pair of leggings. Just a simple basic black leggings will do the job and everyone has them in their closets. Mine are from Boohoo – High Waist Wet Look Panel Legging:
And these ones from H&M are so comfy:
I added a light mesh kimono-like top but you can always skip that. Mine was from H&M, years ago and now I can’t find there but I found similar one in Boohoo:
4. Classic add-on for skirts and dresses – tights. Nowadays you can find lots of difference type of tights – different colours, different materials, different patterns. I found this cute black tights with little hearts on them in H&M:
And these ones with little dots on them:
But any tights could do the job – depends what’s your style and taste.
I added a black blazer and a felted black hat to finish this look.
5. For the next look (one of my favourites) I chose an oversized denim jacket. I got mine from H&M and I haven’t stop wearing it – it’s so comfy and it’s goes with everything. In my opinion, everyone should have at least one denim jacket in their closet – it’s a good investment.
I used different type of tights – large fishnet. They are so comfy and they look cool – I just love them.
And last but not least, this lovely pearl headband for a little girly touch:
6. I love this jumper so I wear it almost with everything.
7. And of course, I can’t miss the classic band/graphic tee. Oversized or cropped – either way works for me. Mine was from H&M but I can’t find it now so here’s another one that I like:
Or if you’re after a Metallica tee, here’s a good one:
What’s your favourite way to style a mini dress?
Check out my Instagram to see the looks and don’t forget to follow.
Thank you to all 100 people who follow me – Your support means a lot to me!