The recipe today is another healthy and plant-based delicious dinner idea. It’s easy to make and it doesn’t take long (around 40-45 minutes). You going to be pleasantly surprised.
The ingredients are for 2 servings but the dish is quite filling because of the lentil and the potatoes so keep that in mind.
All you need is:
- 250g black beluga lentils (if you can find a ready to eat one would be perfect)
- 150g portobello mushrooms
- 2-3 white potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cube/sachet vegetable stock mix
- 1tsp Marmite (vegan)
- 1tsp dried oregano
- some lamb’s lettuce or your favourite greens to serve with
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Start with washing and cutting the mushrooms into chunks and the carrot into rounds. You can also peel the potatoes so they’ll be ready for you.
2. Heat up some olive oil in a large pan. Once hot, throw in the mushrooms and the carrot with a pinch of salt and 1tbsp flour. Mix it well then add the lentils with the dried oregano. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock mix, the tomato paste and the marmite with 400ml boiled water to the pan and mix everything. Bring to boil and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soften.
4. Cut the potatoes into discs. Transfer the lentil mix into an oven-proof dish and arrange the potatoes to cover the top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 220oC.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, the dish is ready. You can serve it with some lamb’s lettuce or another green salad. Dig in and enjoy!
Let me know when you try it and what do you think about it.
Do you prefer plant-based/ vegetarian meals or a meaty one?